Saturday, November 21, 2009

Crafts and Hobbies# 66: Knitting and Crocheting

My grandmother taught me to crocheting when I about 8 years old. I remember doing a few pot holders and some other small items. My mom still has a few of the pot-holders. I have never learned to knit. I'm sure it would be just as much fun.
I haven't pick up yarn and needles in years. I'm sure it would come back to me with just a little practice. If I were going to crochet something, it would have to be a prayer shawl. I didn't know there were people who met and made these items until I read Debbie Macomber's series on Blossom Street. I think it would be so much fun, being able to sit around the yarn store and make a special gift for some one in need. The prayer shawl would be such an awesome gift to give someone. The person receiving the gift would know they were some one special. Just knowing the person that made it had bathe it in prayer would make you feel better in itself.
The North Channel Branch does not have a club at the time. The only way I would know to start one, is by having a sign up sheet to see if there were enough people interested. I think they would have to know up front how the program works and what their mission would be. People as a whole will work and give if they know there is a need. We would have to have a take charge person that could run with the idea, know what we have to do,and be able to present it.

No comments: